Acting Coach, Director, Producer
· Over 20 years experience as an Acting Coach specializing in Scene Study, Voice, On-Camera & Accent Reduction in such notable studios as “The Larry Moss Studio”
· 16 years experience as a Director and Producer in theatre and film
· 8 years experience as Creative Director, Edgemar Center for the Arts in Santa Monica, CA
· 28 years experience as a professional actor ( Original Lead Actor of the Pulitzer Prize Winning Play “Wit”, Broadway and Film Production of Neil Simon’s “Brighton Beach Memoirs”
· Studied with Milton Katsales, Larry Moss & Uta Hagen
- BRIAN IS CURRENTLY DIRECTING THE PLAY LOST IN YONKERS (AS A STUDENT OF THE PHILADELPHIA ACTING STUDIO YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO AUDITION FOR ANY PRODUCTIONS/FILMS BEING DIRECTED BY OUR TEACHERS AND FOUNDER.
- MR. DRILLINGER'S FILM HELLO HERMAN, WHICH HE PRODUCED AND ACTED IN, STARRING NORMAN REEDUS (THE WALKING DEAD) PREMIERED AT THE HOLLYWOOD FILM FESTIVAL OCTOBER 2012.
Brian Drillinger teaches classes in scene study, cold reading and voice. Mr. Drillinger, in association with Larry Moss and Michelle Danner, is a founder and the Creative Director of Edgemar Center for the Arts. He directed the show for the first Edgemar benefit event that was hosted by Jason Alexander and included; Hilary Swank, Michael Clarke Duncan, Sally Kellerman, Chad Lowe and many others. The evening raised a Quarter of a Million dollars for the center.
Mr. Drillinger directed ALMOST MAINE in Melbourne Australia THE DREAMER EXAMINES HIS PILLOW at The Complex in Los Angeles and THE HOUSE OF YES here at the Edgemar Center.
He produced FOUR-THOUGHT at the Hudson Theatre, as well as the critically acclaimed production of Tennessee Williams THE ROSE TATOO also at the Hudson. He produced the successful industry series SCENE BITES at the Tiffany Theatre and the workshop production of HOW TO GO OUT ON A DATE IN QUEENS directed by Larry Moss. Brian produced the award winning short film DOS CORAZONES. He co-wrote, produced and stars in the feature version of HOW TO GO OUT ON A DATE IN QUEENS for which he won Best Supporting Actor at the LA Indie Awards 2006. The film also stars Jason Alexander, Kimberly Williams, Rob Estes, Ron Perlman and Esai Morales.
Brian studied acting at SUNY Purchase and graduated with honors. He played Stan on Broadway, and in the film version of Neil Simons, BRIGHTON BEACH MEMOIRS and the National tour of BROADWAY BOUND. Regional credits include: THE SUBSTANCE OF FIRE at the Old Globe in San Diego, the Pulitzer Prize winning play WIT at the South Coast Repertory (original production), the Seattle Repertory and the Alley Theatre in Houston, also at SCR, DEATH OF A SALESMAN and BOUNDARY WATERS, at the Hudson Theatre, SOLACE, GANGSTER APPAREL and DOVE, A SHAYNA MADEL at the Tiffany Theatre, and BRIGHT IDEAS at Edgemar Center For The Arts. His television credits include: THE AGENCY, WINGS, LIFE GOES ON, REASONABLE DOUBTS, AND GENERAL HOSPITAL. Brian starred opposite Sally Kirkland, in the indie feature STARRY NIGHT, and Janeane Garafalo in I SHOT A MAN IN VEGAS.